Friday, March 7, 2008

my strong suspicion

Although I have no hard evidence to support it my strong suspicion is that the mailings I have been getting from Horror Newsletter (or whatever it is) have been the culprits in causing my AOL mail not to load properly. Hithertofor, I had been marking their mailings as "read" even without opening them, thinking that maybe they might have publishing information in their sendings that I might be able to use at some point in the future, but their emails do have a lot of graphics and links and whatnots that maybe run roughshod over ease of utility -- fancy dancing that trips all over itself. Indeed, just now I actually had access to my AOL inbox again. I took the opportunity to begin deleting ones I know I didn't want to keep. And, lo and behold, when I got to the Horror Newsletter, and checked its box for deletion and clicked OK, everything went blank again. Maybe a coincidence -- maybe not. I could blame AOL, but every other email I have been getting for quite a while now has been coming through just fine. I'm sure no expert, but I like things less razzle-dazzle and more simple. If you have something to sell, flash might oversell it, but you won't get any of the smart money -- just the stupid money. Maybe that's just what you want, but please don't involve me.

No comments: