Wednesday, November 5, 2008

aol downsizing

---I don't know what's going on, but I know that AOL is shucking its blog and homepage functions. Someone sent me a link to my old AOL page, which I'd forgotten how to modify or update, three days before the thing went kaput. I tried the link today, four days after it went away. I wouldn't have thought it would still be extant but still I kind of lament its passing without my taking the opportunity to transfer the contents somewhere, if only to my auxiliary hard-drive. Probably all the info is here somewhere but possibly in a form no longer supported by whatever update of software I am now using. How long before AOL gets rid of its email service too? What would be left then of AOL? Maybe nothing. Well at least I've jumped to gmail and google. I wonder how these can be viable business models as well, but I guess time will tell...

No comments: