Monday, May 19, 2008

pivoting away from amazon?

Haven't been paying attention to the details of my Amazon sales, so I didn't quite realize that a book I list for $1.50, for example, nets me $2.92 for the sale, out of which I pay probably $2.23 for Media Mail postage -- leaving me with a paltry 69¢. Methinks I need to go back to listing books more on biblio.com again, maybe individually as they are cataloged, rather than readying a bulk download from my current catalog inventory, as I had been doing before. That worked fine, but I had to go through a lot of rigamarole -- adding inventory numbers, inserting tabs to separate fields, etc. It ended up with me neglecting performing this chore, to the extent that I got only part of my inventory listed. The original plan was to get through and list everything, but now it’s been so long maybe I should deviate course. I see that I can list books on biblio one at a time, just as I have been doing on Amazon (and Half.com). Since my complete listings can at least be seen as Google Documents, the compulsion to have everything somewhere is obviated. So, I guess I’ll try the next batch of books I am cataloguing (many Adult Fantasy paperbacks) using Biblio rather than Amazon.

No comments: